• Contact Pastoral Care: (859) 233-1551
Pastoral Care at Central Christian Church is woven into the whole ministry of the Central Christian Church. Elizabeth King, our Minister of Pastoral Care, provides oversight for staff and ministry teams extending pastoral care.
In addition to staff hospital visits and the pastoral care that develops between members and ministers, the following groups also provide pastoral care, under the umbrella of the Nurture and Witness Team:
• Stephen Ministry: equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
• Parish Nurse Team: focuses on healing and wholeness of individuals, families and communities. Central’s Parish Nurse volunteers have extended training and can provide help a variety of health related issues. Some include learning about your medicine and community resources for various health needs. The Parish Nurse office is open on Sunday mornings just off of the Welcome Center, near the entrance to the Children’s Center. A greeter or member of our staff will be happy to show you guide you should you need assistance.
• Hospitality Ministry: recruits and coordinates volunteers to serve as receptionists for Sunday worship and hosts during the coffee time.
• Flower Ministry: provides flowers to homebound members. In addition, the Disciples Women/Christian Women’s Fellowship provide bud vases to hospitalized members.
• Elders provide homebound communion and Disciples Women have assigned homebound members.
• Intercessory Prayer Group of approximately 50 persons, commits to pray for members and friends who have asked to be listed on the weekly Prayer Concerns list.
• Ministry with Older Adults: provides monthly Sunday lunch programs, special outings to area attractions, and occasional forums.
• Bus Ministry: provides transportation for individuals unable to drive to church on Sunday mornings.
• Telecare Ministry: provides monthly calls to homebound members and those who have experienced recent bereavement and celebrations.